GIF Hall Of Fame/Awards Winners - GridironFans.com
NFL News | NFL Rumors | NFL Forum | NFL Draft | NCAA News | NCAA Rumors | NCAA Forum
Follow Us: Follow us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Follow Our News Via RSS! Download our iPhone App! Download our Android App! Download our Blackberry App! 
Go Back   GridironFans.com > Outside The Lines > Off Topic Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Live Threads Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off Topic Forum This forum is for off-topic discussions that are not covered in any other sub-forums on the site.
Invite Members To Check Out This Thread

Like Tree4Likes

ReplyPost New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007
World's Worst Site Admin
Usergroup: Administrator Usergroup: NFL News Editor

Favorite Teams:
Ravens GIF Hall Of Fame Award: Mike S

GridironFans.com Member Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007

Mike S

What Sweets Says:
Quote:
I've known him for quite a few years as we met in an AOL chat room back in the day, and sometimes the room just got too weird so Steve made a very raw forum so that the AOLers from that room had somewhere to go when we wanted to actually talk about football and not just the foolishness in the chat room.

He pretty much is the single most reason that GIF exists today, sure if it wasn't for all our members we wouldn't be as successful as we are today but Mike is GIF, he kept this site going before it even had the name GridIronFans.com, he'd come in and post to pretty much no one but he refused to let the site go down, and the funny part was that both Steve and I thought that the site had just sat here unused, boy we were in for a shock.

Thank you Mike S. we owe you more then you'll ever know. It is for this sole reason that he is and should be our 1st HALL OF FAMER.
What SteveRobWhatever Says:
Quote:
I remember the day I finally came back to the AOL Regs Forum I had created just to see if I still had the account open and was shocked to see Mike S. was keeping it alive. I had totally forgotten about it and only remembered about it because I got an email from the company that was hosting it that there were some upcoming changes to their software. At the same time all the drama was unfolding over at NFL Smackdown. I then saw there was an opportunity to revive the Regs forum and bring over some of the great people I had met over at NFL Smackdown who were in a war with the site's owner. A couple days later GridironFans was born and Mike S. has been with us from day one, keeping us on top of the latest NASCAR news, wrestling news and more. Who knows what would have happened had Mike not kept the Original Regs forum active. He is the main reason this site exists today.

Thank you Mike, because of you this site was born and has become the home to some of the best NFL fans around.

Old 09-01-2007
World's Worst Site Admin

Favorite Teams:
Chiefs GIF Hall Of Fame Award: bandi

bandi

What Sweets Says:
Quote:
GIF's first and best post whore, the woman was a posting machine and for any of you to fully understand what that means you would have to go back to having 56K and still have thousands of posts. She would post everywhere, not just the lounge, she'd post in almost every thread of the football sections leaving her little bits of knowledge everywhere, she would be past 40,000 or more if not for the site being hacked and a couple of server changes.

Of course all good things end and she is now working crazy hours so she's not able to be available like she used to be and her personal life is just way too busy to post here like she used to but she's still with her 56K.

Thank you Wanda, you know I love ya girlfriend, you are a HALL OF FAMER.
Quote:
Ah bandi...what can be said about this woman? She really helped the site out in it's infancy by being like a posting bot, just posting away and giving the site content left and right. All of you who call yourselves post whores have nothing on bandi. Not only was she a posting machine but she also brought quality content to the site as well. Her infectious attitude was great to have around. She's easy going, has a great sense of humor and is just so much fun to have around.

We now are accepting donations to get bandi out of the sticks so she can have something other than a 56k connection. I can imagine the web host complaining about server overload if she ever got a cable modem!
Old 09-01-2007
World's Worst Site Admin

Favorite Teams:
Redskins GIF Hall Of Fame Award: Chrisbob

Chrisbob

What Sweets Says:
Quote:
What can anyone say about Cb, the guy is one of the best posters we've ever had here at GridIronFans.com, he knows more about the American game of football then a lot of people born and raised in the United States. He's been one of our best supporters, he gave of his time, and I mean a lot of time and gave donations when he could to help us in those early days to keep the site going, he even kept us up when even I wanted to shut the site down because it was too costly, too time consuming and just didn't have a lot of members and it was always Cb who said, “give it time you guys, it'll grow and get better you'll see” He started the fantasy football games here and even found people to register and join so that the fantasy football games would have people playing and hopefully stay after the games where done.

He started the site with us when a few of us got banned from another site for some bullshit and he saw that Steve had a great vision of what a well run site could become. He's been through a lot with us, hell he even got married as a member here. He was our first most trusted member to become an administrator something that we don't have very often and he has never failed to help when called upon.

Thank you Chrisbob, for all these reasons you are one of our HALL OF FAMERS.
Quote:
Chrisbob has been one of the most important members this site has ever had. He's been a standout from day one and his thoughts and opinions are respected on the site. He's gone above and beyond the call of duty numerous times to help the site out. He's been in the front lines bringing some great features to the site like his annual G.M. games in the offseason, helping with Fantasy Football Leagues and so much more. He's been a major contributor from day one and is one of the main reasons GridironFans is what it is today. Chrisbob was one of the original administrators on the site and the only reason he isn't one still is because life got in the way and took some of the time he dedicated to the site. I wouldn't ever have any reservations handing the "keys" to the site over to Chrisbob. He's level-headed and fair as a moderator, and he always has great suggestions to help the site. He has proven himself to be one of the most knowledgeable NFL fans on the site as well. Chrisbob has set the example as to what it takes to be a moderator, administrator and key member on

GridironFans.com. He is one of the site's cornerstones and this site is lucky to have someone like him in it's corner.
Old 09-01-2007
World's Worst Site Admin

Favorite Teams:
Eagles GIF Hall Of Fame Award: DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT

What Sweets Says:
Quote:
When he first appeared way back in 2004 and the site was new I didn't know him. He was and is an O&A guy that Steve knew. Little did I know that he would worm his way into my cold black heart like he has.

He is also one of the most knowledgeable football fans here at GIF, and one of his faults is that he is a HUGE Eagle fan, so you see GOD does make mistakes. He has been with us for 3 years and he's never wavered on his allegiance to this site something that I feel is something very special. We've had our ups and downs, he and I but he should know that I would back him no matter what, well unless it's McNabb, TO or Eagle related, lol. He is someone that is fair to a fault and truthful and always open for a discussion of facts and that's hard to find these days. He can be funny as hell and never fails to make me chuckle over something he posts.

Dawkins, thank you for your willingness to stay with the site through all of our changes because you saw something good here and for this you are a HALL OF FAMER.
Quote:
I've known DawkinsINT for some time now. We used to know each other from the Opie & Anthony forums before GridironFans.com even existed, and the O&A section is what initially brought Dawk over. In the time he's been here though he's become someone whose opinion I respect, whose advice I illicit and who's contributions to the site have helped mold the culture on the site. He's one of the most versatile members here. You can have a serious debate about football one minute with him then turn around and shoot the shit in the post whore forum. I had been bugging him for years to become a moderator on the site and he finally caved in a couple months ago. The reality though is his suggestions and opinions carried as much weight as our staff member in my eyes well before he was officially made a moderator.

DawkinsINT's been a model member since he joined. Any site would be lucky to have a member like Dawk posting away, we are just lucky enough to have him here. And this is coming from a guy who Dawkins nominates for the Donovan McNabb award each month....
Old 09-01-2007
Loony

Favorite Teams:
Congrats Dawk!! Well deserved award. Great to see you in GIF's Hall of Fame.
Old 09-01-2007
World's Worst Site Admin

Favorite Teams:
49ers GIF Hall Of Fame Award: Sweets

Sweets

Quote:
Sweets IS GridironFans. She didn't have any idea I would be inducting her as well to the inaugural class but honestly....how could she be left out? She given GridironFans so much. One of the biggest contributions to the site has been just being herself on here. The way she interacts with members is amazing. She also has been one of the key recruiters on the site and has brought over so many people who have become huge contributors to the site. She does so much behind the scenes to make the site what it is as well and I know she is indispensable when it comes to running this site. When it comes to talking smack? People know she brings it and can lay it down with the best of them. This site wouldn't be what it is today without her contributions.

Sweets? Thank you for everything you do. The countless hours you have put in to making this site a success can't be thanked enough. The site is a success thanks to you and I don't know what it would be without you.
Old 09-01-2007
Loony

Favorite Teams:

Congrats ChrisBob!! Very well deserved, I'm happy for you.
Old 09-01-2007
Loony

Favorite Teams:

This is the person who showed me this site, I'll forever be grateful that she did. Congrats Sweets!! Great to see you in the Hall of Fame.
Old 09-01-2007
BREESUS SAVES
Usergroup: NFL News Editor

Favorite Teams:

well deserved sweets
Old 09-01-2007
Loony

Favorite Teams:

Congrats Mike!! Thank you very much for the site contributions!